What is a dental implant?
- A dental implant is an artificial root placed in the jaw bone to support either a crown, bridge, or denture. The implant is titanium and permits your body to fuse (osteointegrate) with the implant
- Replace a missing tooth without drilling on a neighboring tooth.
- Maintain the same chewing force as a natural tooth (a denture has 1/3 to 1/4 the force as a natural tooth)
- Stabilize a denture – multiple implants hook on the inside of a denture to secure it during use
- Implants come in different sizes for different types of bone. Dr. La Monica primarily uses the implant that will be best fit for your bone type and situation.
How do I get an implant?
- Call or click contact us to schedule you complimentary implant consultation.
What can I expect during my consultation?
- Dr. La Monica will evaluate your dental needs and see if you are a good candidate for dental implants. He will evaluate bone thickness and gum health. He will personalize your treatment plan to fit your needs and desires.